Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Past Pretense

Past Pretense

Secluded in the depths of my morality
reaching strong, pulling through me
a lonely minute ticks away
as the silence screams

a misunderstood word
turned ugly
looked away as soon as i saw you
i get the clue

pressure suffocates my heart
in a envious battle
turn to smokin weed
maybe even hittin a bottle

feelings twisting, turning inside of me
like a chorus of pissed off honey bee's
a brutal attack during a daydream
woke up to feeling nothing
everything isn't how it seems

lies hid behind your cheap smile
but hid well
i think you captivate me
with your silence
yet ill still never turn down a kiss
a feeling of defiance

a lonely walk i go
just me myself.. my feet move slow
with a unmotivated obligation
alone again
gained only experience
and a little more patience
everything of what there was
is now spoken in the past pretense.
and the past is the rock for the future.
wherever the future may lead will all depend..


2/26/06
-Ginnies

No comments: