Wednesday, March 5, 2008

For You

For You

close my eyes
feel the sting
the unresting ring
in my ears
the song i sing
for you

a life unseen
a living dream
isn't what it seems
my tone is off, in the song i sing
for you.

unglued understatement
a good way to place me
lick your lips,
after a kiss
and taste me.
i wore my flavored lip gloss
for you.

Zero tolerance,
my heart is too easy to convince
the words you used so sweetly
is in the past pretense
i believed it was true
for you.

this game you play
you need to teach me
reverse the curse
and un-reach me.
the message is relayed
from me
for you.

you told me to go
so i turned around
but never walked away
watched my dignity hit the ground

with my back to your face
my mind in outer space
a blissful state
except, this time its for me
not for you, not today.


No comments: