Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A poem dedicated to Grampa Roger..

A poem dedicated to Grampa Roger...
It was written by an unknown author, and is dedicated to My gramps.

When I'm gone, give whats left of me away to children and old folks.
And if you need to cry, cry for your brother and sister walking the street beside you.
And when you need me,
put your arms around someone and give them what you need to give to me.
I want to leave you something,
something better than words or sounds.
Look for me in the people that I've known and loved,
And if you can not give me away,
at least let me live in your eyes and not in your mind.
You can love me most by letting hands touch hands,
and by letting bodies touch bodies.
Love doesn't ever die, bodies do.
So, when all that's left of me is love,
give me away.

No comments: