Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I have to be me.

write what you feel

I have to be me.

Cast aside the guilt
leave it at the door
nothing is perfect
leave your expectations
on the floor

never to return again
is what I'll always say,
forever dwelling here
is a constant fear
with anchors on my feet.
i never want to stay.

fresh red eyes in the night
seek for a treasure
a hunt with no limits
no measures
need to find a light
need to obtain some fire
lifted off the ground
my mind could not be higher

Rest on your choices
and reasons to believe
cut the ropes
from your wrists,
cut the ropes
from your neck
,
run far
don't be afraid
create the life you lead
be the person you'll be
get the hell out
of here
you're free.

We just have to remember that
We just have to hold on to it.
We just have to live it.
you have to be you.
and i have to be me.


12/1/09
C.MacGinnis

No comments: