Monday, November 19, 2012

Too Tightly Bound
By: Crystal MacGinnis
11/19/12

Systematically I feel like a failure
so much easier to just lay here
stop the moment of being defeated
for the moment stopped
descry the sound that is not in your ear
the sound you cannot hear
only felt can the sound be clear
I'll find it

Electrifying tunnels
Walloping wind spells
turning around
craving to be found
searching for that sound
in a small desolate town

Presuming my mind
is where it needs to be
feeling the harmony of your destiny
resonating louder
sing along with me
to this unheard melody

Pick the locks off these chains
weighing me down
too tightly bound
disregard them on the ground
let them rust in the malicious silence

Adjacent to my heart
remote from my mind
I feel the sound
I'll feel it more with time
ticking the tock of this
day to day grind
searching to take
whats waiting to be mine
anticipate spreading my wings
visualizing the journey
from darkness to effulgent light

Listen for it...
the melody is not in your ear
the harmony you cannot expose
when your soul caresses the sounds ambition
It will become crystal clear
you will then know you have to
Shake off the silence,
cast away the fright
I am getting my running start
ready to take this flight
towards the sound that embraces my life.

No comments: