Saturday, April 21, 2012

Relinquish Me

Relinquish me
let me go..
run fast
be like all the others
that can't administer me
no no no flee.
Its as routine
as the breaths
I take to breathe.

Anyone can write a love song
everyone can sing along
however love isn't what I want to be singing
its the happiness that follows that  I 've been missing.
Its the impracticable that keeps stinging.

lonely evenings
find me screaming
for anyone, anything, anytime
release my conviction
from the dungeon I built
torturous thoughts
consume my blood
drain me
dry dry dry

It is commonplace giving all that I can
never satisfied with out my heart
in my hand..
go ahead drop it in the sand.
I'll scourer this earth
for a new place to land
find my space..
now I am just sick of my own face.
fade fade fade

What now?
Where can I find
whatever it is I search?
like a unattainable pot of gold
at the end of a rainbow
always wanting
always reaching
never grasping
lose lose lose
lost

Love lost, friends gone
how is it I am always so wrong
why do you take from my soul
like a buffet table in a full room
I am not your meal to consume
I am not your sanity to resume
don't pretend
leave me be
leave me be
relinquish me.
-Crystal MacGinnis
 4/21/12

2 comments:

ash said...

Ok..sis...

I need more blogging from you.

The heck with Facebook...let's make blogging cool again. Love you.

ashandchris said...

Ok..sis...

I need more blogging from you.

The heck with Facebook...let's make blogging cool again. Love you.