Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Summer Winter Ashes

Summer Winter Ashes
3/30/09

Reach out your hand
help me understand
summer winter ashes
turn into tiny crystals
of sand

scattered around the world
nothing to hold
my words are loud
my mind is bold

resisting the right way
attracted to the wrong day
not enough words to think
not enough words to write
just not enough words to say

fight for my right
many lives paid
holding this tightly
obsessed with
knowing the right price to pay

Fresh breath of air
filling my lungs
let down my hair
reach for the bright burning sun

soft summer nights
scream for attention
dark winter days
beg for affection
autumn leaves feel
rejection
spring flowers
enjoy their reflection

reach out your hand
and try to understand
why summer winter ashes
turn into sand
and get taken by the breeze
to learn live and love
in another land

-Crystal

No comments: